SKIP navigation
College of Education

This page's main content:

College of Education
Student Affairs Committee
Student Appeal Form

The Student Affairs Committee of the College of Education is the appellate body for college-related policy appeals. The committee is made up of faculty in undergraduate programs and two undergraduate students. The committee reviews appeals and makes recommendations to the Dean of the College of Education. The Dean's decision is final for college-related policy issues. In filing an appeal, complete, sign and submit this appeal according to the directions below.

Date: NUID#:

Name:   Address:

City: State: Zip: Current, cumulative GPA

Phone with area code: UNO Email:

Total hours completed Date Admitted to Teacher Preparation:

Type of Appeal: 

Grade appeal
Academic Suspension
Tier Three student teaching request
Permission to take a course while student teaching
Permission to take a COE required course with field experience for a second time
Permission to enroll in a COE required course for a third time
Permission to participate in Intermediate field experience, practicum, or student teaching after having been withdrawn or failing the experience
Other (please explain):_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the information submitted for this appeal is accurate and complete.

Signature                                                 Date

Directions for submitting appeal:

  1. Complete, print, sign and date the above appeal form. (it does not submit electronically).
  2. Complete and print your plan of study. Click to download the Plan of Study Form.
  3. On additional sheets, state the reason(s) for your appeal and the resolution you are seeking. Please provide sufficient detail and background information regarding the nature of your appeal. If you are appealing an academic suspension, describe your plans for ensuing satisfactory academic performance, and if reinstated what campus resources you would utilize.
  4. Print an unofficial transcript.
  5. Submit all materials to the following address:

College of Education
Office of Dean, RH 211
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68182-0161